Cordura covered Bovine

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Cordura covered Bovine

Post by minetymenace » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:00 pm

Seeing Beat's comment about winter prompted this post. I have been wearing the same leathers, summer and winter for the last 27 years. Suplimented by various qualities and quantities of thermal layers, the gap between simian and bovine dermis has remained the same as both skins have stretched with age. When my old Ashmans finally fell apart last week, I invested in a new outer layer. Besuited in Cordura and Gortex, with only a thin layer of silk (not for its thermal properties, but the perving factor) and a T-shirt, I went for a 400mile bimble on a freezing November night....from hence forth I believe there should be one day nominated in each country to be known as "Cordura Day", when the leather gets a good soaping before being stored and a beer is drunk in some far off pub marking the passing of summer, safe in the knowledge that modern clothing is fing fantastic!!

beat
>1400
>1400
Has thanked: 0
Flag: Switzerland

Post by beat » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:19 pm

abouth cordura - day. it seams I have to go abouth the same way as you has past minety, my 1976 bellstaf looks so mutch older then my. I believe you are right, modern fibres like goretex and co. are aibel for more. But please- do not tel my the price, because I want to have a good sleep one more night . <217

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:26 pm

Never mind the price, feel the warmth! If you are as old as (or older) than me, you need to treat yourself, and it the cost is about the same as a new outfit for the wife....An outfit, now there's a thought if it snows bad...

Grouty
>640
>640

Post by Grouty » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:22 pm

Ahhhh.... cordura..... mmmm nice !
My old Cordy enduro jacket, never found anything as waterproof ! But still not as warm as the bovine. Cordura does not creak as you walk either (or is that just me getting old?)
I always like a mix in the winter, as the other hobby gets kinda cold this time of year. Gloves of quality pigskin wrapped carefully over a tender inner layer of silk.
Good old Cordura on the outside of the ever inceasing bodily bulk!
Trouble is my nose is still cold at 120 + mph and -20 deg C
Better campaign for a silk one legged Y-front for christmas.
If you are feeling like a ride Gerry, there is always the SW

beat
>1400
>1400
Flag: Switzerland

Post by beat » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:33 pm

There is anyway something upside down by the prices for mens and womens outfit : a riders jaket as thiker, warmwer as more expensive.
a womens tights : as biger the nets maschs,as less on,as more expensive.
:razz: just interesting : as less on it, as more we get hot !
should I wear mashtights :?: