Dating Certificate

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

rhino
<1100
<1100
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dating Certificate

Post by rhino » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:19 pm

Does anyone know who can supply me with a dating certificate?

Fr # CE08922

En # AC11100B44VS

Tried locally but the bloke just laughed because it's a bitsa, stern words were said and I was asked to leave.

I'd join the BSAOC but don't want to pay the extra (tightwad) I'm already in the Triton Owners Club but they don't do BSA!

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000
Flag: Great Britain

Dating Certificates

Post by Chris Pellett » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm

The application must have a V765 form signed, stamped and approved by the relevant
vehicle owners/enthusiasts club (for their make/type), shown on the V765/1 List of
Vehicle Owners Clubs. The club will charge a fee to process the application.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItO ... dition=Web

BSA club IS probably your best bet.
CE is March 1971 You should get age related (historic-tax free) on that.
DVLA inspectors like to see an attempt at originality, they wont need to hear it run. I put empty B25 cases into an imported B50 frame as my motor was a 73 and it would have been dated to that had I not.

Chris

Richard Hunt
>720
>720

Post by Richard Hunt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:28 pm

Rhino

I assume you want the dating certificate for a V.R.N. for your bike. The frame number is the important one for the age of the bike. I am a member of the V.M.C.C. and have used them for my dating certificates (at a cost). Sadly I think all clubs charge for their services and charge non members more. People like Roy Bacon also provide dating certificates for a price. You might get a list of these people who provide these services from the D.V.L.A. (Swansea or your local office).

Hope this helps
Rich

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000

Post by Chris Pellett » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Rhino,

Just noted that your frame is a T25ss
These were made in the BSA factory but you may at least have a choice for dating: BSA club or Triumph club

Chris

Richard Hunt
>720
>720

Post by Richard Hunt » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:48 pm

Rhino

Adding to Chris's last , 3rd choice V.M.C.C. They can provide a dating certificate for almost any British built bike.( they have copies of the records that used to be held by the Science Museum). The lady librarian (who does the dating certificates) is very knowledgable and helpful and only a phone call away

Rich

rhino
<1100
<1100

Post by rhino » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:53 am

Many thanks for your replies, I'll have to go with the BSAOC, I've just been informed that you don't have to be a club member. £10 gets you your dating cert.

It's interesting to note that they don't have to hear them running...

A friend tells me that a young girl inspected his c15 without it leaving the van or her entering it!!!

I'll take your advice...

Chris Pellett
>1000
>1000

Post by Chris Pellett » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:30 am

Rhino,
My B50 stayed on the back of the truck.
However, a friend was visited by a young DVLA girl when he wanted to register his Bantam, and she knew her stuff: His was OK but she had just come from Verralls and rejected three of his bikes with matching numbers because she knew that the number shouldn't have matched!
I think it's worth making a bit of an effort,
Cheers
Chris

Richard Hunt
>720
>720

Post by Richard Hunt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Rhino

Chris is right, the inspector isn't there to give the bike an MOT they have no interest in hearing the vehicle going (thats somone elses job), he/she is checking that everything is correct from an admin/legal perspective. e.g. making sure the vehicle isn't a clone. The guys at both the Bournemouth and Portsmouth offices are alright and have seen all the scams as well as knowing their stuff.

Rich

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:51 pm

The Bristol office is full of muppets, Reading is OK. I know thats not much good if you are an eskimo from up north, but it gives you an idea that it is a bit of a lottery. If one office gives you grief, try another...

rhino
<1100
<1100

Post by rhino » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:14 pm

So, in conclusion, it's all a bit of a lottery....

I'll have a quids worth!

Let you know how I get on.

gauloises
>20
>20

DVLA Authentication

Post by gauloises » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:19 pm

Rhino,
I've read this thread with some interest as I do the datings certificates for a one make motorcycle club (not BSA).

The system is fairly simple to get an age related reg No. although not all Vehicle Regisration Offices know their own rules.

The DVLA has granted the capacity to certain clubs and individuals to verify the authenticity of bikes on their behalf, although they do retain the right to inspect the bikes themselves.

My club now inspects all applicant's bikes in the flesh unlike the VMCC I believe, we have come across a number of spurious applications and have rejected them, it doesn't make me popular but at least they can't sell the heap to some unsuspecting punter claiming we've OK'ed it as all original.

The DVLA will accept a collection of parts for AR No. provided they are contemporary parts from the same manufacture.

Gauloises

rhino
<1100
<1100

Post by rhino » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:21 am

Oui, j'approuve votre sentiment Gauloises, mais, tout ce que je veux est pour ma machine pour être la route juridique donc je peux avoir un sourire sur mon visage.

Je n'ai pas l'intention d'arracher quelqu'un avec un tas d'oeufs de chien faisant semblant d'être un b50.

Cela No. b33 aint de la simulation d'être une étoile d'or.

Il m'exaspère juste qu'il devrait me coûter £80 (datant cet mot le droit d'enregistrement) dans l'affaire (b'stard serré).

J'ai demandé une cour cert, de BSAOC, je recevrai un MOT cette semaine, appliquerai ensuite au registre la chose avec DVLA, plus tard cela nous

Anyone want to buy an Ariel sq 4 scrambler?

Regards,

Simon.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Post by minetymenace » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:53 am

La langue de forum est l'anglais.

A translation from Wiltshire:

Yes I approve of your sentiments Gauloises but all I want is the machine to be road legal and have asmile on my face.

I don’t intend ripping someone off with a cup of dogs eggs pretending to be a B50.

That B33 isn’t pretending to be a Gold Star.

It exasperates me that it should cost £80 somethiing something (tight bastard)

I’ve asked for a dating certificate, from BSA I will get an MOT this week, then will apply to the register the thing with DVLA later.

The forum language is English

rhino
<1100
<1100

Post by rhino » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Red wine and laptops don't mix too well.

Always seems like a good idea at the time especially with a large single malt on top.

Ever wish you hadn't pressed the submit button?

Guess that's me told!

<121 <121 <121