BSA vs BSA'ized Harley Davi-sun note fork legs.

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

britgaskets
>300
>300
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BSA vs BSA'ized Harley Davi-sun note fork legs.

Post by britgaskets » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:34 am

One thing I can say, at least Mark makes stuff in the UK.

Steve
-That V B50 has always had me wanting to do this and I used pic only to show how much it got relected. Less the mastermind motor of course. The UK should make a V again.
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: BSA vs BSA'ized Harley Davi-sun note fork legs.

Post by minetymenace » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:55 am

Spotted the armistice reference in 57 seconds, love the padlock, still wondering how anyone gets a bike together in less than five years!!
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Mark Cook
>1400
>1400

Post by Mark Cook » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Once upon a time there was an idiot who thinks he can build 5 bikes by February 2011 :laugh :cry: <216
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

Grouty
>640
>640

Post by Grouty » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Mark Cook wrote:Once upon a time there was an idiot who thinks he can build 5 bikes by February 2011 :laugh :cry: <216
........ and a GEARBOX .....please ..... :laugh

Mark Cook
>1400
>1400

Post by Mark Cook » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 pm

Your not forgotten Ian. Just need some machine time to grind some gear bores. If we time it right it could be a plan to fit it in a day, followed by watching Gerry get stewed over a pie and a pint. (or five)

Mark
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

britgaskets
>300
>300

Post by britgaskets » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:48 am

A thrashing good day,
Not made in China not 1 bit. Tank is USA made even! I do think the Harley controls are suspect though LOL! useless push buttons!
All the police were smiling when I rumbled by too!
Glad it was dry but it hazed out pretty good.
Bike really is not a lot better from 40mph to 70mph than the 441. 441 definently has more snap accelerating at those speeds but the Harley train climbs pretty steady.
Hope everyone had a good day and gets out riding whatever this weekend! $7400. for the HD cafe, bike was $5000. incl in that. HD are cheap here.
Steve
Riding a BSA each day keeps you young......and on your toes! http://www.britgaskets.com My host for .ca broke like a B25 in a 17 year olds hands.

Ian Hingley
>1400
>1400
Flag: Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Ian Hingley » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:46 am

britgaskets wrote: Glad it was dry
I'll bet you're glad!

No front mudguard or rear mudguard? Lol!

Did get out out on my 441 yesterday. It was dry, but the roads are always wet and mucky this time of year. Cruised out to see Mark and Anita and cadge a cup of coffee.
66 BSA Victor Enduro, 72 BSA Lightning, 62 BSA B40 trials, 89 H*nda Bros 650, 96 Aprilia Moto 6.5, 2000 Aprilia Moto 6.5

britgaskets
>300
>300

Post by britgaskets » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 am

Hey Ian, it does well without the front fender as the motor is from a car so it blocks most of what us would get in the face. The rear could do without spray but when I cut the fibey seat to curve close to wheel I layered 3 tight weaves of Kevlar matt. That can take a few rocks before the golden fluff dents show up. I am more concerned in rain with the... <216
I took it to the HD dealership where a pal runs the museaum and the "chopper" & ex-Buell guys just stared, that means they like it but most are too cool for school so would never say anything. LOL! felt good showing them what Harleys should look like for road use. :laugh
Handles ok in wet just watch pulling out of parking spots if you do not respect the traction or lack there of. LOL! <209 I wanted a GSXR front end but time was limited to 3 months, the forks a showa I think and the caliper very antiquated even has wiggle on outer housing built in!

Almost dry today but where I want to do onboard and volunteer tourist assisted shots is in a cloud it seems. Good to hear you got out, I am now getting the shifting lever and clutch sync'd but the pull on clutch gave the muscle over my heart a real work out and felt like a serious cramp yesterday. Like a Ducati I am tired after 40-60 minutes in traffic unlike the 441cafe, extra concentration and a bit of "man" handling req'. :uhu I broke the rear end out yesterday and it corrects naturally like a British frame no whipping getting off throttle. Feels safer than the 1200xb Buells and has better geometry imo not being bottom heavy it leans well but is no 250kph machine. <218
Daily rider? me maybe but owner prefers his R1200rt I think. LOL! I am going to work out a ride to Bonneville with the HD though next summer just to watch, since I did it as a chance to start building custom bikes the labor was in trade for periodic use. 20 year pal I built it for an all weather bike rider who also dislikes cars as transpo despite rain. I am instructed to shake off the bolts. My kind of loaner! not bad for a cheap hot rod bike.
One of my favorite humming tunes while riding, it's sunday music steve.

Steve
-That Triumph is Christmas rent now since more things have shown up and I got a tire changing stand coming as well as a donated lift for bikes this week! Dyna bead balancing service maybe, those are beads you put in tire and they float and automatically keep your tires balanced. Will see before and after on the 441cafe and report.
Still the BSA is my true love, and it's no dream but real! :laugh

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1

Post by minetymenace » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 am

Dynabeads, do they work or is it just urban myth, if they do work, why dosn't everyone use them? I was once told that if I put a magnet on my fuel line, remove the garlic from my auto advance unit and run over a black cat, may tappet clearences would set themselves....It would be an easy thing to test (if you had a wheel balancer)...
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

britgaskets
>300
>300

Post by britgaskets » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:21 pm

Lucky I am up prepping the leaky Harley oil lines! all for todays vid ride at the hairpin! 3:27 <204 here in morning been up since 9am, sorted the Triumph today.
<212 I am getting the push from a guy that rides every day rain or shine is 50+ and has had. Velo's Triumphs old beemers and a ton I don't know of and he had taken off leads on both a BMW r1200rt? the space bike and an old R90 sunburst paint immaculate shape and spoked. Both bikes handled significantly better and hands off tests on the bikes proved it even with the ridiculous vespa wobble, handling and width LOL! I'd smash those cylinders heads off right quick as well as that feeble goose step starter! :mrgreen: <069
Several race shops are quietly using them and forgetting about wheel balance until a curb gets hit so I will give them a try. I know a guy who drag raced and he would use that aerosol can latex tire repair in his front wheel religiously and take it out straightline for a bit to spread it. :thumb The centrifugal <212 force is physics and the beads go where they have to be. Test to come once I get wheel stand and lift in this week. I hope to fulfill my original goal of 350 vids Mark- :roll: :laugh a year and the new shed is going to have some cool features and historical stuff. Maybe former racing guests! I have a couple local I can call on once I get the vids better. I hope to read also many of the older magazine reviews I have so sight impaired people may have audio to hear and recollect how the remember the bikes. Takes 25min a day and I sleep 4hrs so no sweat off my back and fun. If I said which 4 hours I sleep then the security would be breached :mad: but lets say 1 lane alleys are full of cars during the day <220 . Those 9-5'rs are so responsible! I just got new alarm up too! and a $50. bounty if people come get me upon hearing the siren or calling me before the auto-dial sensor calls the cops 16 blocks away! Via wifi to the apt. base where I hear something if awake anyways to check vid because it means action inside shed no if's and's or but's. Plan B then begins for capture and detention as Canada now is allowing confinement of criminals caught in the act with witnesses. A group of grocers threw a flower thief in a van for 4 hours and got charged in Toronto with unlawful confinement but got off on citizens arrest. Usually when something like a guy hitting a lady friend with a brick is seen and you jump in to stop him perhaps cutting his chin as his face meets sidewalk the cops just say get going thanks next time be more careful. Keep in mind even abused spouses turn on the one saving their butt in the moment and that brick did meet my shoulder in her hands while "detaining" her spouse. Had a copy shop could not ignore the situation outside store. Bad for business people being battered outside your establishment. <205 . <201 LOL! I know almost every neighbour and can id the rest so block watches work. I have caught many a drunk <219 vandal even for hurting cars!:laugh never lost a bike 21 years in this 5 block area too, the Jeffersons moved on up faster than me :lol: . Knocking on wood checking garage video monitor! :laugh I just thought to mention I tried to incorporate a cattle fence charger but the concrete ground is horrible. The recyclers of cans are also on my payroll! <215
Time to walk the manx bearcat, pulls on leash like a pitbull!and walks sidewalk, you will see him or have. Smartest kitten at 8 months I have ever seen, this thing stacks the foam balls at my chair during day after a night of losing them as I throw them to fetch! he returns them wiggling his corkscrew stubby tail. Animals, never let me down! I am going to feed him dogfood periodically and try and not fix him until he is 30lbs and ferocious then he can live in the shed in summer and hate everyone for getting the snip before he triplicates etc.
Try draggin a BSA out with a 30lb sexually frustrated <1 friggin bearcat stuck to your face! :laugh at 8 months his teeth are the size of my former full grown tabby, had baby teeth doubling up till 7 months. He puts himself ahead of me when he gets scared too, aggressive manx and protective I hear. Total mutant advanced evolutionary leap this one. :ok :werd Will he get on the bike in jacket though? or will my face be the first victim? :laugh
Steve
Must rest soon, my comedy schtick is getting to thick. :laugh Get to thrash this today while many will be off the roads in mountain country. Will I break it?