History

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

chobbler
>420
>420
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: China

History

Post by chobbler » Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:58 pm

I don't know where to post this but if you, like me, are into the nostalgia / history angle of BSA, I have been web sweeping and found a load of minor but interesting oddities about BSA history. Suggest you do too and add here.
For example, there is an American owners club who collect and auction Armoury Road bricks?!, there is a web site of building peculiarities that focus on the unusual perimeter concrete framed construction of the main factory, a huge amount of ongoing industrial processes started by BSA (some still on site; wierd, for example powdered metals?), a taxi cab fixing garage in the semi derelict spray shop.
How about;
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/services/libra ... d/019B.pdf
a midlands library where you can go look at the death throws of the firm as documented by NVT boss.

Just a few oddball angles to make BSA life even more interesting.

roadplough
<1100
<1100
Has thanked: 0

Post by roadplough » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:36 am

I'm a sucker for history and would not have complained about being born in England where most of the interesting stuff happens.
How about posting some of the links you found chobbler? If time allows.

Looking forward as well, the picture of the recent prototype from BSA-Regal seems to have vanished from the net. I don't mean the SR based machines.