Most memorable BSA moment?

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

Roger
>220
>220
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Great Britain

Most memorable BSA moment?

Post by Roger » Fri May 20, 2016 6:31 pm

I know we have some codgers on this forum, myself included. :lol:

So I am sure we all have wonderful, weird and whacky stories to tell. So I am wondering if you'd mind sharing (if it is SFW ;-) ) what is your most memorable BSA moment?
Proud owner of 1971 BSA B50T (in restoration)

Andy Chaos
>580
>580
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

Re: Most memorable BSA moment?

Post by Andy Chaos » Fri May 20, 2016 7:22 pm

Can I reply at the end of August :thumb

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Fri May 20, 2016 8:50 pm

Back in the early '80s I was doing The Three Spires MCC Australia series, so named after copying a similar Rally series held in Australia. It involved attending rallies at the four points of the country (mainland). There was a certain amount of beer and dancing accompanied by various up-beat rock combos. In the UK it was a total (supposedly) of three thousand and thirty three miles to attend all the rallies and get home again, wherever you lived in the country (I guess the original series was a tad longer).

The first rally was on the Lizard (google it Yanks :roll: ). At the time I was living the life of Riley as a mature student in Coventry with a full grant and sponsorship from Farranti computers. I chopped my aweful CSR G2 Lightweight (Lightweight! it must have weighted a ton and a half) in for the Fleetstar, which I bought locally off a second year student from Taunton (called Beesa) who had traded up to a TriBsa :???: ......I digress....so five of us set off to deepest darkest Cornwall, a Supperdream, an old CB250, Z250 "Scorpion" (Rich was so very proud of his "Scorpion", when he passed his test he bought one of the first GPz1100s in the country), my Fleetstar, and Adrian who was a seven foot string-bean who rode a S*zuki 400 like it was a monkey bike.

...got to get a cuppa...to be continued
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

skippy
>1400
>1400
Flag: Australia

Post by skippy » Sat May 21, 2016 12:21 am

This is the story of the first BSA I owned. It did the BSA thing and conked out so the two brothers decided to tow it home, the tied the 2 bikes together with 20ft of rope and away they went. After going around a corner the front bike was have trouble towing the conked bike, he was having to use a lot more throttle to keep going. So after a 1/4 mile or so he thought he had better stop and investigate. Looking behind he noticed his brother had gone and he was towing the bike on its side.
This happened when drink riding was not considered a problem. Well not by the riders anyway.
Doug
Should never have sold them old motorbikes

Jack Gifford
>540
>540
Flag: United States of America

Post by Jack Gifford » Sat May 21, 2016 5:21 am

About a year after I bought a new 441 Victor Roadster in England and shipped it home, I was commuting into the city with it most decent-weather days. One morning I apparently wasn't as awake as I should have been- the last few miles were on an Interstate loop, which tends to put me to sleep anyway. After exiting the loop and leaving the first red light I encountered, I guess my throttle hand thought I was still cruising 70 MPH- letting out the clutch launched a giant wheelie almost a block long! It was merely luck that it worked out okay- I certainly didn't intend to do it.
"Motley" bike history: Horex 400, 1940 HD 45 FH, HD Baja 100, '49 Indian Scout 440, Victor 441 Roadster, H*nda TL125, Guzzi V50, H*nda FT500, 400-4, NX250
Aside from bikes: known as the "guru" of M/T hemi Pontiacs