Eurovision Song Contest

Just some fun to show. Links, pics or movies.

Moderator: minetymenace

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Eurovision Song Contest

Post by minetymenace » Sat May 20, 2006 11:44 pm

The best ever. Well done Finland <124 , if I had seen their act before tonight I would have put money on them winning!!!

A landmark in the history of music making... :ban

This may take a little explaining for those outside Europe, but I shall leave it to others to fill in the details of this stayed, political, boring, dull contest.....

Laugh? Tears were rolling down my legs!! :laugh

B4450Paul
>60
>60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

eurovision song contest

Post by B4450Paul » Sun May 21, 2006 1:26 am

come on minty

were they the most staid political boring dull act ?

interested people want to know :mrgreen:

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Sun May 21, 2006 9:15 am

I'll try and explain. The Eurovision song contest is an anual even where European and some other nations enter a song chosen by the puplic of each nation into a telivised competition. It is supposed to promote co-operation and understanding or other such high morals. The forgettable songs that win are normaly of a traditional nature, mixed with a disco or maybe, country beat sung by a group of pretty young things with a few dancers weaving around in the background. With the exception of the group "Abba" whose career was launched by winning this competition many moons ago, the winners are forgotten within a week of the competition ending. The voting is carried out by people from the competing countries (who arn't allowed to vote for themselves) and as a result reflect the political aspirations of that country (baltic countries vote for each other, slavic countries vote for each other, noone votes for the french etc). The show is watched by middle aged saddos or the confused, it is one of the underwhelming highlights of the entertainment year. You grandmother would not be dissapointed if you were to introduce any one of the competition entrants, they are all so "nice".

..............This year was a little different :???: . Finland won with a band who would only conjure one thought in your grandfather's head and that would be along the lines of: "I wonder if I'll get gang raped before or after they eat my head?". The band looked like an Awk Rock Band created by Tolkien after a heavy mushroom session. With makeup that made "Kiss" look like amaturers they played the part perfectly, there must be something on the web about it....The organisers must have been having kittens.

b50root
Site Admin
Site Admin
Flag: Scania Sweden

Post by b50root » Sun May 21, 2006 10:14 am

I have seen the live <035 <124 <038 :werd and they make a impressive show. They was foreband to Nightwish ( Also an Finish group )

Rickard
nebrer on EBAY
nebrer at skype ( http://www.skype.com )