Nambo
>380
>380
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

B44 Carb manifold

Post by Nambo » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:40 pm

Does anybody have the alloy manifold/spacer that sits between the carb and the head for a 66 B44 please?

Pete

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Flag: United States of America

Re: B44 Carb manifold

Post by Peter Quick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:53 am

Hi Pete,

I happen to have them in stock and or sale. Not an easy item to find when you need one.

My website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

Peter Quick
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

Nambo
>380
>380

Post by Nambo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 am

Peter Quick wrote:Hi Pete,

I happen to have them in stock and or sale. Not an easy item to find when you need one.

My website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

Peter Quick
Great, how do I go about ordering one from you?
I will probably need the two studs as well, do you have them?

Peter Quick
>40
>40

Post by Peter Quick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:07 am

Nambo,

You can order off my website. Pick International First Class as your shipping method as Priority Mail for light weight shipments is way more expensive. Use the part numbers to search out the items. I have the special carb stud with the collar. Not sure if I have the regular straight one though. It is easy enough to make from a longer stud. If I don't have one in stock I can always make one for you. You can also more efficiently communicate with me on my regular email: peter@bsaunitsingles.com

Peter
New Hampshire, USA
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

Keith
>80
>80

Post by Keith » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:26 am

Pete,

Maybe too late now but I've got a few used ones of various thickness and bore sizes. If you let me know the size you require I'll will see what I've got. If I've one that's thicker or the holes too small I can machine it to the right size for you.

Keith.

Peter Quick
>40
>40

Post by Peter Quick » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Keith,

These intake manifolds also have a taper. One side is thicker than the other. To help assemble correctly BSA then bored out one stud hole larger than the other and used a corresponding stud with a sort of shoulder on it so the manifold could only be put on in one orientation. A thicker manifold cold be cut back and angled and also bored to correctly fit the carb. Not just a bolt on affair. Nothing that a machinist couldn't easily do.

Peter
New Hampshire, USA

Nambo
>380
>380

Post by Nambo » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 am

Keith wrote:Pete,

Maybe too late now but I've got a few used ones of various thickness and bore sizes. If you let me know the size you require I'll will see what I've got. If I've one that's thicker or the holes too small I can machine it to the right size for you.

Keith.
In view of the fact that the UK seems to want to discourage trade with the USA, I have bought a £1500 Gibson Les Paul from Japan, and Customs here didn't even look at it, yet if I but a tuppenny washer from the States, Customs here at least demand a handling fee, so I will take up your offer Keith as you are in the UK, sorry Peter Quick.

My carb is a 932 Concentric MK1
Inlet track, courtesy of Ed V, is 31 mm
Thickness?, the minimum required so the carb doesn't touch the rockerbox and I can get the tappet inspection cover off, I have this engine in an oil in frame so there isnt a lot of room between the carb and the frame.

My address Keith is xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.net [Edit by MM: if you put you e-mail address in posts, you are likely to increase the spam and junk mail in your in-box, your e-mail address is available to other forum members by pressing the envelope symbol on the right--->] if you can drop me a line.

Cheers
Pete
Last edited by minetymenace on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: e-mail address removed

Keith
>80
>80

Post by Keith » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:08 am

Pete,

Email sent. Hopefully should be able to sort something out.

Keith.