B25 Sludge Plug

Do you need anything for your B50??

Moderator: minetymenace

Post Reply
marshg246
>20
>20
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: Annandale, Virginia (8 miles south of Washington, DC)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

B25 Sludge Plug

Post by marshg246 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 am

Like a big dummy, when I tried to remove the sludge plug from my B25, I didn't heat it. After severely damaging the slot in the plug, I realized that it had been put in with red Loctite. I got it out, but now I can't find one. The two people I've found that list them are out of stock. Does anyone have a lead for me - the engine is ready to go back together but the plug is stopping me! It's a 1969 B25SS and the part number is 40-0892.

Grayham
>80
>80
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:09 pm
Location: Worcestershire, UK
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Great Britain

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by Grayham » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:56 am

If you're really stuck, could you just cut a new slot at 90 degrees to the damaged one?
Signature removed on legal advice.

User avatar
Mark Cook
>1400
>1400
Posts: 4763
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Location: CCM Britain HQ Goldthorpe South Yorkshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: England
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by Mark Cook » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:27 am

Just place the order and it will be in the post, same day if ordered early enough. I just asked and as of now Anita has 11
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

marshg246
>20
>20
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: Annandale, Virginia (8 miles south of Washington, DC)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by marshg246 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 pm

Graham Phillips wrote:If you're really stuck, could you just cut a new slot at 90 degrees to the damaged one?
I've done that before on Triumphs, but I REALLY tore this one up getting it out so it won't work this time.

User avatar
minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Posts: 7291
Joined: Wed May 26, 2004 1:00 am
Location: On the edge of Salisbury Plain, England
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 41 times
Flag: England
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by minetymenace » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Go on, lets have a picture <124

Maybe we should have a Rogues Gallery section?
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

marshg246
>20
>20
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: Annandale, Virginia (8 miles south of Washington, DC)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by marshg246 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:49 pm

Mark Cook wrote:Just place the order and it will be in the post, same day if ordered early enough. I just asked and as of now Anita has 11
The only part number I find on CCM is 71-1678 which is good for the 71 and 72 B50s, but according to the 69 B25 parts book, I need 40-892 (40-0892). Do you think they are the same?

User avatar
Mark Cook
>1400
>1400
Posts: 4763
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:45 pm
Location: CCM Britain HQ Goldthorpe South Yorkshire
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
Flag: England
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by Mark Cook » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:04 am

I hope so as we've fitted them. If you don't see it on the list, ask. That's only about half of what we make.
CCM Britain motorcycles and spares manufactured exclusively by PES

+44 (0) 1709 894192
http://www.ccm-britain.co.uk (online shopping experiance)

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by Peter Quick » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:04 am

Closer to home, I have the B25 sludge plugs in stock. Also just about any other part you would need for your B25. http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

Peter Quick
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

marshg246
>20
>20
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:52 pm
Location: Annandale, Virginia (8 miles south of Washington, DC)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: United States of America
Contact:

Re: B25 Sludge Plug

Post by marshg246 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:33 am

Peter Quick wrote:Closer to home, I have the B25 sludge plugs in stock. Also just about any other part you would need for your B25. http://www.bsaunitsingles.com

Peter Quick
Peter,

Sorry, I forgot all about you -- getting old I guess! I got them from dotlermc. I won't forget you next time.

Greg...

Post Reply