Moderator: minetymenace

kommando
>1400
>1400
Has thanked: 0
Flag: Ireland

Single OIF fork leg

Post by kommando » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:00 pm

Looking for a single OIF front leg so I can investigate the internals, can be any type from 71 to 78 inc T120 and T140, A65, B25,T25, B50. Condition is immaterial, and can be a left or right but must be complete ie with full internals and straight so I can see how it works and take measurements etc.

Keith
>80
>80
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

Re: Single OIF fork leg

Post by Keith » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Kommando,

I've just stripped a pair of 71 B25 forks and one side looks like it's been full of water for a while. The damper rod is quite pitted. The stanchion bottom nut is rounded. It is all complete and does seem to work though, was still damping etc. So I am on the lookout for a decent damper unit and I will be buying new stanchions once I determine which ones are of decent quality. I will be keeping the sliders.

So, if a complete but pitted damper unit and a slightly abused stanchion are any good to you they should be available in the near future.

Cheers, Keith.

kommando
>1400
>1400
Flag: Ireland

Post by kommando » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi Keith,
they would fit the bill, just PM me when they are available. I use Emgo stanchions for the pre OIF, good quality and hard chromed except on the 69/70 shuttle valve version they missed the undercut on the thread for the bottom bush retaining nut, this stops the nut from fully tightening against the bush so you need access to a lathe. As long as their OIF ones have all the machining operations done then they should be ok, Mark at PES should stock ones that work.

Cheers

John

Keith
>80
>80
Been thanked: 0
Flag: England

Post by Keith » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi John,

Will let you know. Hopefully I will find a decent damper unit before long but then again I suppose it could be a while so maybe someone else will come up with one for you beforehand.

Cheers, Keith.