Paulgy80
1-10
1-10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Great Britain

Cheney Victor wanted

Post by Paulgy80 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Looking for a Cheney Victor ideally 1966 to 1976, nickel frame with Ceriani's up front, and other components as fitted by the factory, cash waiting for the right machine. Look forward to hearing from you.

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Re: Cheney Victor wanted

Post by minetymenace » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:39 pm

<135 to the forum Paulgy80.

Hope you get one and are back here telling us what you are going to do with it.

What are you going to do with it? Chop it, race it, exhibit it (that's easy for you to say) are you trade, do have an uncontrollable desire to spend a large percentage of your hard earned cash on such an out-dated mechanism or maybe you are a Trumpophile trying to smuggle secrets from Small Heath to Meriden.... :ban

Oh! Would you update your profile and let everyone know roughly where you are please?

Good luck.
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.

Paulgy80
1-10
1-10
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Great Britain

Post by Paulgy80 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:11 pm

Right have updated profile, sorry about that.

Looking for a non project Cheney Victor or Triumph, must be original. It is only for my garage, not for showing, none of my bikes are particularly for show although they could be.

For my sins Eric used to live 2 doors away from me in Church Crookham and at weekends and school holidays I spent a lot of time hanging around the workshop, well actually it was his garage. His guys and he were good craftsmen and as an engineering nut I was fascinated to see the work going into his bikes. Later he moved to the old Tobacco factory at Crondall and the business grew I saw some amazing people visit for their bikes and saw development work in spades going on, the first cantilever Cheney frame with S*zuki power, was a beast with a very narrow power band.

I have said I am looking for a 1966 to 1972 as those were the years I in and out of the workshop, originality for me is everything and although Eric hated paperwork it would be nice if the bike had some provenience

Look forward to hearing from anybody

minetymenace
Gerry1
Gerry1
Flag: England

Post by minetymenace » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:59 pm

If you have any photos of when you were hankering for a bike you couldn't afford, I thinks there is a section for them somewhere on the forum, you'll tell as everyone in the photos has hair!

:thumb Good luck finding your bike.
There is no evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Abyssinian Wire-Haired Tripehounds Gnash.