PFeeney
>20
>20
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Ireland

B50 SS exhaust

Post by PFeeney » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:50 pm

I have just got my engine back from RTS after a rebuild.
I am putting it back in the frame and need a new exhaust as the old one is in terrible condition.
I have had 2 from Burton Bike Bits both of which although labelled as B50 are too small, 13/8" at exhaust.
Does anyone know of another supplier. I tried Armours but they do not have any at present.

Peter Quick
>40
>40
Flag: United States of America

Re: B50 SS exhaust

Post by Peter Quick » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:10 am

Of course since I'm on the wrong side of the pond I have a number of B50 exhaust pipes. Both high and low. The high pipes come in two different styles, one with the original bend at the end to connect with the huge black box muffler and the other not so bent out at the end so a tighter fitting megaphone type muffler can be used. I also have two types of low pipes. One with a smooth curve with the standard attachment point at front motor mount and the other more of an angular "sporty" look that has the main attachment bracket at the lower engine mount point. That one also has a small loop at the head end to attach it to the head with a spring (hole must be drilled in a fin for the other end of the spring). The high pipes are plain steel since they are to be painted black. The low pipes are chromed. All these pipes are the regular B50 1-1/2" type. You can get my email address off my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com if you want to talk further. The good thing is that exhaust pipes though a bit bulky don't weigh all that much so shipping is not as punitive as other large heavier items.

Peter
New Hampshire, USA
check out my website: http://www.bsaunitsingles.com
over 2500 part numbers with inventory and 25,000 parts on hand, many NOS items, all just for unit singles

PFeeney
>20
>20
Flag: Ireland

Post by PFeeney » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi Peter
Thanks for response. I have now fitted the latest one from Burton Bike Bits which is still
A bit loose at the head. If it does not work out I will in touch wit you.
Patrick

LONGSTROKE
>80
>80
Flag: Cayman Islands

Post by LONGSTROKE » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Could be a worn exhaust port from putting the exhaust on and off over the years :lol: If the pipe is almost a good fit I have found that by using a selection of sockets(old) as a mandrel - starting off just slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the pipe and working up in size until a good fit is achieved. Obviously the pipe as to be almost big enough to start or you could split it. Crude but effective - we could call it the Trump affect :shock: