Didlydon
>40
>40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Flag: Great Britain

Victor Special petrol tank BSA sticker / decals

Post by Didlydon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:45 am

Hi All. I'm certain on one of my trawls of the interweb that I spotted someone in the UK selling the red BSA petrol tank decals that didn't have the yellow outline, but I'm damned if I can find them again. Anyone point me in the right direction please? On all the paint jobs for this model I've seen, the tank stickers have a yellow outline, which should match the paint yellow....so if it's not spot on looks a bit naff. So, as I do need decals for the whole bike, if anyone can recommend a supplier of good quality, durable stickers I'd appreciate it Ta!! Incidentally, I've been using C&D Autos for all the parts I've needed so far with this project & their service is to be highly recommended. Cheers......

madmac
>60
>60

Re: Victor Special petrol tank BSA sticker / decals

Post by madmac » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Didlydon
>40
>40

Post by Didlydon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Thanks Madmac that's great! Blimey they've got a range to choose from.... Next question is if anyone has a Victor Special, what is the size of the BSA petrol tank decal please??

kommando
>1400
>1400
Flag: Ireland

Post by kommando » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:30 pm

Classic transfers did mine, just asked for B44 red BSA without yellow border, no fuss and cost was same. That yellow border is naff, even if it matches the paint it fades differently.

AJ CCM
>260
>260
Flag: England

Post by AJ CCM » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:06 am

Regards AJ CCM

B44Claus
>160
>160
Flag: Denmark

Post by B44Claus » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello,

I'm about to order transfers for my Victor Special. I definitely prefer water slides to vinyl stickers but it looks like Classic Transfers and also VMCC only have the vinyl stickers for the big red BSA logo on the Tank sides. Or perhaps they should be vinyl?

Brgds,
Claus
B44Claus

kommando
>1400
>1400
Flag: Ireland

Post by kommando » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Originals were Vinyl.

Jeff K
<1100
<1100
Flag: United States of America

Post by Jeff K » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:50 am

The originals were silk screened, vinyl with a vinyl clear layer and die cut with a very expensive special made stamping die. The new ones are a thermal CNC and CNC cut. If you purchase any of the "new" ones . Make sure they have the clear coal layer, in the trade it is know as "frog skin". One more thing, Be very careful on the vinyl. You need to be sure it is exterior rated, Scratch resistant rated and UV resistant. It will also come with a number of year rating. Cheap stuff will be 1 year, better 5 year and best will be at least 10 year. One of my brothers has owned a graphics art studio for over 40 years. I had one NOS original and he helped me track down the OEM maker in the late 70s to get some more of the BSA 441 tank decals made. Huge cost for the color match, silk screen and unfortunately they had just tossed out the OEM dies and they had to make another one for the stamping. I think I had 2,500 produced back then. I wholesaled them to DomiRacer and many others a long time ago.
3M Corp. In Minnesota had a plant that used to stamp out vinyl decals. A friend's uncle was a supervisor there and he took for a tour. I saw they were making "Norton" decals and he told me that they had been for many years and they shipped them to the factory in England. This was in the mid 70's
Jeff

TritonMike
>40
>40

Post by TritonMike » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:53 pm

I am about to repaint my B50SS tank. Red with the black cross. I wanted waterslide decals for the gold BSA with wing. Looking at Classic Transfers it looks like vinyl is the only option. Any ideas? TritonMike